Welcome to the second of our quarterly updates from the Collas Crill team in Singapore where we will continue to bring you regular updates, primarily on matters of BVI and Cayman law that will be of interest to practitioners who regularly deal with these entities in their day to day practice.
It has been an exciting start to the year for Collas Crill. First, we were the only offshore law firm to be listed by Asian Legal Business on its 2017 annual Firms to Watch. This was a great accolade for us as we continue to grow our corporate, commercial, funds and private client offering in Asia.
Following this, we were then listed as one of the Top 10 Global Offshore Law Firms by both The Lawyer and Legal Business magazine. To be positioned in the top 10 by these independent benchmarks has been part of our on-going strategy. Again, this is reflective of our continued growth and client focus.
In this edition we'll be looking at the following:
- An overview of BVI Estate Planning
- An update following the introduction of Incubator and Approved Funds
- Migrating Companies - transfering corporate domicile
- An overview of the new Cayman Islands beneficial ownership register regime
- An update on the Cayman Islands Trust Law