Nicola is Group Knowledge Counsel at Collas Crill, a role which involves supporting current awareness updates and knowledge management projects, analysing new case law, as well as advising on complex in-house matters. Prior to taking up this role at Collas Crill, she was Counsel in the Private Client and Trusts Department of a prominent Bermuda law firm.
Nicola has expertise in all areas of private client and trust matters, and extensive experience of international commercial transactions and litigation. As well as working as a lawyer to some of the most high net worth families in the world on complex cross-border international transactions, trust structuring and litigious matters, Nicola has acted as a director of client companies. She has also advised on law reform projects. Prior to ceasing fee earning work, Nicola was recommended in the Legal 500 (2021 and earlier editions).
After studying law at the University of Cambridge and completing her legal training at the Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, Nicola worked for a magic circle law firm in London and Prague, gaining experience in international commercial law. She later gained experience of trust, pensions and employment law matters. After moving offshore, Nicola gained extensive experience in trust and private client matters with a leading offshore law firm on Bermuda.
• Extensive experience advising on the creation and operation of trusts for ultra high net worth individuals;
• Working on complex cross-border international commercial projects;
• Working on numerous successful court applications;
• Assisting with trust law reform projects, including drafting new legislation;
• Acting as a director of client companies and discharging complex fiduciary responsibilities;
• Drafting articles and current awareness updates;
• Working on internal knowledge management projects.
Former UK solicitor (non practicing)
Former Bermuda Barrister and Attorney (non practicing)