Group partner Wayne Atkinson and senior associate Tristan Ozanne will be attending the Funds Forum, hosted by Guernsey Finance.
The event, which takes place at etc.venues, 155 Bishopsgate during the afternoon of Thursday 11 May, will feature two panel debates among leading figures from the funds industry and a keynote speech from Crispin Odey.
The event is expected to attract c. 500 professionals from across the world of alternative investment funds.
Session 1: Money
Mountains of money
- low return rate environment and other influencers on fundraising and investment execution
- the risks of holding cash
- impact of Brexit and other political shocks on fundraising and investment execution
- changing profile of investors
- is 2017 the time to deploy dry powder?
Session 2: Substance
Add substance add value
- definitions of substance: mind & management, bricks & mortar, or both?
- AIFMD and what it says about letterbox entities
- BEPS and what it says about treaty benefits
- the EU and what it says about tax governance and international cooperation
- substance and value creation in Guernsey
You can find out more about the event here.