4 out of 5 managers are appointed by accident…do yours have the required skills?
What is a manager? 'a person responsible for controlling or administering an organisation or group of staff.' - Oxford English Dictionary.
But in reality, a manager is responsible for so much more. So how do they prioritise and deal with their everyday workload and efficiently and effectively deal with staff issues?
At this interactive workshop we will look at the manager and employee lifecycle:
- Interview technique - Get the right people from the start
- Induction - Setting the standards early
- Capability and conduct procedures - Early intervention is key
- Performance plans - Identifying and dealing with both under and over performers
- Appraisals - How to give (and receive) feedback
WHERE: Harry Bound room, Les Cotils, St Peter Port
WHEN: Friday 23rd March
TIMINGS: Registration from 8:30am onwards. Speakers commence at 8:45am sharp, close at 11:30am
You will be provided with supporting literature outlining:
- How to have difficult conversations
- Interview technique
- Handling disciplinary and grievance issues
- Appraisals cheat sheet
- Management skills
To book your place or if you have any queries, please email email@example.com.