Join Collas Crill Partner, Angela Calnan, for the 2021 Trust & Corporate Services Providers eCPD Seminar Series. To view more information and book your place please click here.
Governance and the Private Trustee
The popularity of Channel Islands private trustee structures (whether Private Trust Companies ("PTCs") or Private Trustee Foundations("PTFs")) continued during 2020 – perhaps accelerated by the pandemic.
Angela Calnan, Group Partner in Collas Crill's International Private Client & Trust ("IPCT") Team will walk us through a recent practical example of a Guernsey PTC that she has established for a Saudi family with a Guernsey trustee and a recent practical example of a Guernsey PTF for a domestic Guernsey family, again, administered by a Guernsey trustee.
Angela will touch on:
- The rationale for establishing the structures
- The documentation required
- Interesting governance aspects that arising in these live examples
- When an exemption is required from the Commission and how and when to apply for it
- The mechanics for getting the structures live in practice
- The ongoing governance aspects