Group Partner Joanne Seal and Trainee Solicitor Oceane Chandler will be joining other experts at Dying Matters Awareness Day, an open event organised by Argent Funeral Care to coincide with Dying Matters Awareness Week.
The event will take place at Les Cotils in Guernsey on Friday 5 May between 10:00 and 16:00.
In their talk at 13:00, Jo and Oceane will discuss frequently asked questions around probate and are on hand between 13:00 and 16:00 to answer questions.
The day will cover a range of topics with a number of local experts, including:
- Legal guidance on wills: Advocate Patricia Montgomery of Carey Olsen
- Legal advice on probate: Collas Crill Group Partner Joanne Seal and Trainee Solicitor Oceane Chandler
- Death grants: Tina De La Haye from the States of Guernsey Social Security Department
- Bereavement counselling: Guernsey Bereavement Service
- The benefits of recording funeral wishes
- Celebrants and styles of funeral: Rector of the Vale Parish The Reverend Beverley Hervé, Civil Celebrant Annette Henry Humanist and Celebrant of Ministry of Life Gary J Vaudin
Find out more on talks and timings on the Channel Islands Coop website.
About Dying Matters Awareness Week
Running from 8 - 14 May 2023, the Dying Matters campaign is encouraging communities across the UK to come together to talk about death, dying and grief in the workplace. Find out more on the Hospice UK website.