Partner Michael Adkins and Group Partner James Sheedy have been invited to speak at the Thought Leaders 4 HNW Divorce first annual Practitioner's Forum on 'Trusts in Divorce', the only event to bring together Trust and Family lawyers to address intricate issues arising from trusts in divorce.
Mick's talk - Identifying Recent Developments in Judgments and Enforcement of Divorce Orders Against a Trust - will cover:
- What can a trustee do to facilitate a settlement?
- Jurisdictional differences
- What has the Barclay case shown us?
Mick will be on the panel with Senior Partner Marcus Deale (Miles Preston) and Barrister Christopher Pocock KC (1KBW).
James' talk - Examining Firewall Provisions in Relation to Foreign Divorce Orders - will cover:
- Joinder of trustees to proceedings
- Pros and cons to submitting foreign court orders
- How enforcement can vary depending on the jurisdiction
James will be on the panel with Partner Nicholas Holland (McDermott, Will & Emery), Barrister Prof Jonathan Harris KC (Hon) (Serle Court) and Partner Kate Clerk (Mishcon de Reya).
View the full agenda and reserve your space here.