Sally is a commercial litigator in the dispute resolution department, specialising in contentious trust disputes, shareholder disputes and insolvency litigation. Sally has over 8 years of experience working offshore.
Prior to moving to Cayman in December 2016, Sally worked at Ogier, Guernsey for over 6 years. Before moving to Guernsey, Sally worked for leading Australian law firms in Sydney and the Gold Coast.
Sally regularly advises trustees, beneficiaries, protectors, institutional clients and onshore legal teams, as well as insolvency practitioners and company directors in contentious commercial matters.
Sally is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales (2000) and the High Court of Australia (2003), and as an attorney-at-law in the Cayman Islands (2017). Sally completed a Masters of Law and Management (UNSW) in 2005, specialising in Corporate Insolvency. She has also completed the Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes (STEP) and is TEP qualified. Sally is recognised for her trusts and commercial litigation expertise by Legal 500 and Chambers Europe.
Work highlights include:
- Advising the joint official liquidators of Platinum Partners Value Arbitrage Fund LP
- In the matter of AA (as Trustee of the A Trust) – represented outgoing trustees in an in camera application for a court blessing to replace the trustee in light of investigations being carried out by the Serious Fraud Office
- TCCI & Ors v East Forest Green Limited (in liquidation) & others - acted for a former Guernsey Trustee and its directors in relation to a claim for breach of trust and dishonest assistance
- Friends Life Group Scheme of Arrangement - assisted with advising on the £5.6bn acquisition of the Friends Life Group
- Jackson & Ors v Dear & Ors – acted for the Tetragon entities in relation to a derivative action filed in the Royal Court of Guernsey against Tetragon entities and its executive and independent directors
- Carlyle Capital Corporation Limited (in liquidation) and Ors v. William Elias Conway Jnr and Ors. – assisted on a complex multi-jurisdictional dispute representing The Carlyle Group and its executive directors in relation to a claim for breach of directors' duties brought by the liquidators of the Carlyle Capital Corporation for losses exceeding $1bn.